COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Updates and Notices
First up today is a request I received from Andrew Robineau of The Mesothelioma Center (Asbestos.com).
It’s a free health site dedicated to providing the most up-to-date information for cancer patients and family members. They have published a guide on dealing with anxiety related to the coronavirus and how patients/caregivers can manage their levels of stress during this difficult time:
Guide to Coronavirus for Cancer Patients
Older adults with cancer and chronic illness have the highest risk for developing severe complications from COVID-19. Knowing how to prepare and protect yourself against the virus could make all the difference for you and your family.
Tracking COVID-19: Cases = Then 100 (1/9/20) – 307,000 (3/21/20) – 439,000 (3/25/20) – 786,000 (3/30/20) – 1,088,000 (4/3/20) – 1,514,900/ Deaths 89,000 (4/8/20) – 2,737,000/ Deaths 192,125 4/24/20
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSS
- How Fast Does a Virus Spread? Let’s Do the Math
- What does FLATTEN THE CURVE mean?
- Exponential Growth and Epidemics
- READY.GOV Pandemic- Before and During a Pandemic
Download and Read!
Why you must act now – Public leaders & health officials: The only thing that matters right now is the speed of your response. https://covidactnow.org/
Welcome to the Million Mask Challenge Virginia/DC/Maryland! A group of craftivists helping to organize the effort to make facemasks to protect healthcare providers and others fighting the COVID-19 pandemic. Their facebook page is a good place to seek help and discuss this effort.
I lived in Japan for a long time and don’t need to be convinced about the effectiveness of keeping one’s emissions to oneself.
- COVID-19 in Virginia http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
- Information about COVID-19 in the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- PA Department of Health
Grow Food For Tomorrow
Learn / Prepare/Listen to the Doctors
- Podcast Learn / Prepare
- Get the Preparedness Guide from Andology
- Join a Community Supported agriculture venture. It’s better than issuarance. https://www.localharvest.org/
ER Wait Times