How and why I began gardening and continue to this day. Explained in an easy to understand and plan manner. Click the link for a sneak peak. 5 Garden Hacking Secrets For The Suburbs
5 Garden Hacking Secrets For The Suburbs consists of the 5 Secrets each presented in a 5 module course with 6 lessons per course. First of all, they are what has worked for me in Northern Virginia and I presume would work for most of USDA zone 7 b. Here they are!
Secret I: Grow what you eat
- Freedom and growing your own food – start with compost
- Make Gardens With Flowers, Fruit, Vegetables And Honey Bees
- Annual vegetables
- Perennial fruit and vegetables
- How to harvest food you grow
Secret II. Grow Indoors
- Quickest start
- Healthy benefits
- Options include sprouts, microgreens, and hydroponics
- Year-round harvests
- Low initial set up cost and maintenance
Secret III. Plan for the long-term
- Use Permaculture as a guide
- Features of long-term gardens
- Most important tools for gardens in the suburbs
- Garden design and sustainability basics
- Supplies on the cheap
Secret IV. Automate
- Calendar of plant cycles and record keeping
- Dangers timing things just right
- Water the right amount keeps changing
- Seeding to keep the cycle going
- Timers, hoses, and supplies on the cheap
- Sowing and reaping
Secret V. Attract and provide for pollinators and animals
- Deer and other bad things are coming no matter what
- Honey bees
- Mason bees
- Carpenter bees, butterflies
- Pollinator gardens with bee balm, butterfly bush, buckwheat, clover, sunflower and more
- Project feeder watch for health and migration monitoring of birds
The key to a better life is to gain knowledge and be healthy. It opens the door to providing the necessities of good living.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.
Click on squares to learn
Grow food at home and share with your Community
Combine Into A Food Forest
All This On Just 2,000 Square Feet!